Monday, March 22, 2010

kent, melancholy and a dang good risotto.

that is what I call a sunday.

Except that bishops wife came by today. This sweet lady from Tonga (at least i think she is) and was gonna visit me and Brittany. I was the only one home, so she sat down, asked if I went to church (which i did) and said that she appreciates me going to church and that she loves me. The "loves me" part was a chocker, since we've never ever talked before and she doesn't know me. But, I guess I should be happy that she even cares, since I've been feeling somewhat lonesome latetly. I think that might be Heavenly Fathers way of saying "Jackie, people care, people you don't even know show appreciation for you". I can't help feeling a bit weirded out though, you know?

Anyway.

I was down in Honoulu with Paul last night. Probably the first time that we've actually hung out in a month. We drove high up into the neighborhoods on the hillsides of Honolulu and had a view over the whole town. For the first time in my life, I actually saw a sun set, actually go down-touch-the-horizon-then-disappear sunset.The sun was glowing in a bloodorange color. Beautiful.

But I'm homesick. I just want to go home.

Finals week is coming up. I'm panicking on the inside over everything right now. Tests, papers, final presentations.
I have so many checklists.. so little time.. so little sleep, and a lot of sleep debt.





why am I so snappy and easily irritated when I'm tired?

1 comment:

chellyyy said...

BABEE i love you too!!